Differences in The Wandering Inn S03 – Wistram Days (Pt. 4)
So Ceria contented herself with grabbing some fruit and a piece of cheese and eating alone at one of her tables.
other students had found the book and probably been intending to retrieve it,
- but as Ceria and Pisces both pointed out to each other,
Leaving her dishes where they were—a Golem would come by and pick it up if some other students didn’t levitate them to another table—Ceria headed towards the entrance of Wistram.
- In truth,
- some relatively close,
but others floating up to a hundred feet away.
- Ceria took a deep breath,
- it wasn’t just that she had to aim with her finger.
The image of the floating orb was just important in her mind;
- it could inform the angle and trajectory her spell took.
she’d only worked as Bronze-rank adventurer to make ends meet now and then,
- but she was confident she could demonstrate her abilities in that section of the exam more than any other.
Ceria was praicing hitting the targets as they floated in the air.
- She’d done it all the time back in the forests around her home,
- That was a masterful shot;
she’d barely seen the streak of light that had shot from Illpres’ hand to hit the bird.
- But killing an animal just to prove a point seemed wrong to her.
- Pisces and Ceria watched as the crowd began to disperse.
Apparently Sedric had won,
- and some students were helping to magically carry Zepheral—the unconscious Drake—away.
- speaking of Illphres,
did you know that Charles de Travalier got into her classroom?”
- It had become their place to study,
mainly because it was so convenient and because Pisces’ room was bigger.
- And it had a balcony.
- She gaped.
He turned to her triumphantly estatic.
- Ceria watched,
- Pisces took a deep breath.
- He was unusually talkative and good-natured for a Dullahan,
which meant he was about normal when compared to how much Humans acted.
“WE haven’t finished the tests,
- It made Ceria make simple,
stupid mistakes a few time and she berated herself for slipping up.
- Ceria turned and saw Charles and Timor and two of their friends standing with the mages.
Her heart sank as the smirked at her.
- full of despair.
She wiped at her eyes and way her tears mix with the blood.
- Wistram was quiet the day after the exams.
Most students and mages were too hung-over to do anything,
- and the ones who weren’t suffering were disinclined to do anything when making loud noises could get half a dozen spells cast at your face.
Illphres was raising pillars of ice and shattering them with the [Ice Spear] spell when Ceria found her.
- The half-Elf panted as she raised a hand to touch Illphres.
- For her part,
Illphres looked the half-Elf in front of her upside down.
- Ceria didn’t know what happened after that.
She had a brief image of herself kissing Pisces on the check,
- hugging him,