Differences in The Wandering Inn S02 – The Antinium Wars (Pt.1)
Many first-hand reports of the First Antinium Wars are based on hearsay and the often inaccurate recollections of [Soldiers] and [Adventurers] who fought on the front lines.
- While insightful,
- That led to their near complete annihilation,
and it is perhaps more accurate to say it was a miracle any ships landed on Issiysil after all.
- For nearly a month,
authorities debated and argued against the presence of the Antinium within Issiysil.
- Lacking evidence of the Antinium outside of eyewitness accounts (the bodies of the slain Antinium had long since been disposed of by the time others could verify the claim),
- including the young Lady Magnolia Reinhart,
Lord Tyron Veltras,
- and General Sserys.
It is unknown how Lady Magnolia and Lord Tyron learned of the Antinium,
- but it is speculated that both Humans had access to powerful magic spells which alerted them to this issue.
While Lord Tyron knew of the Antinium,
- he took the view that any conflict would only weaken both Antinium and the Drake and Gnoll populations,
- While the Drake cities had existed in a state of enduring war and skirmishes with each other,
one of the factors that prevented most of the cities from being conquered was the difficulty of taking the city before reinforcements could arrive.
- Even the largest of forces would take time to breach the walls and other magical defenses that guarded each city,
- In an instant,
the Antinium had captured nearly thirty percent of the southern half of Issiysil and seemed to be poised to sweep across the rest.
- and the magic that allows the three-hundred foot walls to stand hardens the stone and even allows it to repair itself given time.
No army has ever taken a Walled City by siege,
- although several coups and betrayals from within have seen the famed cities fall over the millennia.
the Gnolls of Issiysil built no cities like the Drakes,
- and unlike their scaly rivals,
- In their first major engagement with a vast force of nearly eighty thousand Antinium,
an army of twenty thousand Gnolls managed to route the entire force in a bloody battle that lasted only a day.
- It is suspected that this army was not comprised of normal Gnoll [Hunters] and [Warriors],