Differences in The Wandering Inn 7.34 C
“One thousand lives.
We sacrificed one thousand of Rhir’s children for a hundred ‘heroes’.
- No more than children in their own way,
- or the spell was never perfect.
It is clear to me now that the thousand lives produced a thousand…
- children from Earth.
I believe a thousand came.”
- “So a tenth were given to Rhir.
A waste of life,
- or so we felt.
- than nothing at all.
I could not bear to spend a thousand lives of Rhir’s children again.
- I—I have sacrificed my life in battle against the great foe.
- concern we share.
It is our grief over the sacrifice of a thousand of Rhir’s children.”
- And this time…
ten thousand lives.
- For even a thousand heroes,
- were taken,
even ten thousand would not slow the children born this year.
- But it need not come to that.”