Differences in The Wandering Inn 4.40 L
- one with a pink stripe on either side of his face.
Pink Stripes raised his four fists,
- each one a bludgeoning tool that could gouge,
- At first,
Pink Stripes went to grab Yellow Splatters,
- but the [Sergeant] punched him back.
Pink Stripes circled,
- lashing out with careful punches and keeping two arms back for a guard.
- Yellow Splatters ignored defense and went for a full-out assault.
He—gently—hammered Pink Stripes,
- dominating his opponent.
- Despite that,
Pink Stripes kept fighting,
- doggedly avoiding blows and blocking where he could until Yellow Splatters decided it was time to rest.
- and Yellow Splatters saw a group of Soldiers gathering to go to the surface.
Among them was Pink Stripes.
- Yellow Splatters strode over,
- Even the ones who’d been above once or twice,
like Pink Stripes,
- were staring.
It hurt to see Soldiers like Pink Stripes,
- who were pathetically grateful to see the sky,
- they pushed back their bowls and stood up.
Yellow Splatters saw Pink Stripes hesitate before pushing back his bowl of eggs,
- punching weakly with another one in a corner of the sparring area.
Pink Stripes wavered as Yellow Splatters approached,
- but he put his fists up and tried to spar.
This time Yellow Splatters made Pink Stripes go on the offensive,
- blocking blows,
- He put force behind his blocks,
making Pink Stripes work hard for every hit he landed.
- He kept the spar going until someone thrust himself between the two Soldiers.
- Pawn again.
The Worker pushed Pink Stripes back since Yellow Splatters wouldn’t move.
- He clicked his mandibles together repeatedly,
The Soldier looked towards Pink Stripes.
- He smiled,
and turned to Pink Stripes.
- The other Soldier was looking at Pawn,
- He too raised his fist and Yellow Splatters beckoned.
He lashed out and Pink Stripes dodged back wearily.
- Wasn’t that all that mattered?
Yellow Splatters looked into Pink Stripe’s multifaceted eyes and saw his reflection looking back.
- so he took nineteen Soldiers,
including Pink Stripes,
- to be on alert.
- He wanted to get to Level 13 today or tomorrow.
He was so engrossed in his mock combat with the two Soldiers that he only noticed Pink Stripes when he walked into the sparring arena.
- but Yellow Spatters appreciated his willingness to spar.
He stepped towards Pink Stripes,
- ready for a bout,
- Yellow Spatters stopped in surprise.
Pink Stripes was trembling in place,
- in the center of the sparring area.
- and then it rose.
All four of Pink Stripe’s hands clenched into fists,
- and as he looked up,
- They couldn’t make real noises,
but Pink Stripes—
Pink Stripes had become an Aberration.
- It was too late for questions.
Pink Stripes lunged at Yellow Spatters,
- hands reaching to tear him apart.
- Other Soldiers rushed forwards,
yanking Pink Stripes off Yellow Spatters.
- There were over a hundred in the barracks,
but Pink Stripes fought with possessed strength,
- throwing Soldiers off him,
- In the end,
Pink Stripes was contained,
- bars of iron bent and hammered into crude restraints to prevent him from attacking anyone.
- demanding answers.
He stared at Pink Stripes,
- as the Aberration gazed in fury at him and was taken to a holding cell.
- But all the while,
he was looking at Pink Stripes,
- at the Soldier who had abandoned who he was.
- For what reason?
They were doing this for Soldiers like Pink Stripes.
- Everything Yellow Spatters had done—the war was still continuing.
Why had Pink Stripes become Aberration?